I swear time is flying faster with the second child than it did with the first.
Here's Griffin's six month picture
The first meal - Yummmo!
Brown Rice Cereal (gag!)
But...he liked it!!
Now, I know some of you are thinking....six months...she waited six months to give that kid some food?!?! Well, yes, I did wait six months. Funny enough Graham started eating solids at 8 weeks. It's funny with the first you push them toward and past milestones as fast as you can. Then on the second or last (as in our case...maybe) you want it all to last forever. If I could keep him a baby longer, I probably would. But since that isn't possible I'll just enjoy each and every step as long as I can. I was also enjoying the benefits of being his only source of food - it did help me continue to drop pounds - so why not?!?
3 comments:
6 months is nothing... I really started solids with Beth at 8 months. After battling food fights with her sister from 6-9 months, I swore I wasn't going to do that again. So she Beth started diving towards my food, I knew it was time. It was nice not working around toting food with me for so long and by 8 months they can chew larger foods, so I just gave her table foods.. without dairy.
I hear you on not toting the food around. That is one of the reasons I waited until we were back from FL. He started grabbing and diving for our plates about 2 weeks ago...so I guess it's time. I feel like I'm behind though - according to all the lists...oh well! Glad to hear there was someone who waited longer than I did. :-)
Wow!! I can't believe that he is already 6 months old he is so handsome!! A trip to FL??
Post a Comment