Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Promise

I crawled into bed last night at 930. Tim shared Proverbs 27 then I quickly and quietly slipped into sleep with the promise of a good 9 hours of shut eye in front of me...until 341 am when the preschooler started SCREAMING.
Heart pounding and crazy thoughts running through my head I threw back the covers and ran down the hallway. In the dark I could see that the pillow was over said Toddlers head, so I quickly removed it. Crazy thoughts still swirling around in my head...but do you know what he was screaming? OPEN THE DOOR!!....Are you kidding me? You woke me up just to open the door?
That was it. I was awake. He was quickly back to sleep.
My body has been running on just 6 hours of sleep for so long now, that it thought it was done and I should be up for the day. Apparently Tim's body thought the same thing. We tossed and turned until a little after 5 when Baby Baby started crying - luckily his was short lived. I turned up the furnace and hoped the warm air would put everyone back into a nice state of slumber. It worked for a while until the baby woke for his breakfast a little after 6...so much for the promise....maybe one of these years....

1 comments:

Lisa said...

AAAAHhhhhh the joys of motherhood ;)