I love to read, I just don't have much time to read anything of length.
I've always been one of those people that picks up whatever is around and reads. When I was a child I read the cereal box every morning while I ate. I read signs. I read bulletin boards at the Hardware store.
I use to pick up so many brochures, small newspapers, bulletins, magazines, etc. that I had to enact "Cheryl's Paper Reduction Act of 2000" just like the government. It's been eight years now and I've reduced my collection of paper greatly, although I still struggle with this addiction from time to time. With the Paper Reduction Act I also canceled my newspaper subscription. Newspaper can make a huge mess if you aren't able to contain it very well. The paper here is so huge too that it's a waste - I'm miss the Lynchburg News and Daily Advance you could read it cover to cover in under 45 minutes.
A little over a year ago I learned what a 'blog' was. At first I thought, why would I want to read some Joe-schmoes thoughts...and then I began to think...Hmm! Maybe I can find some writers that think like me instead of the liberal mainstream media. Maybe I can find some blogs that enlighten me on things I enjoy. Over time I've collected a list of favorites that I visit almost daily along with my first cup of coffee. Today I want to share my latest stalking habit with you...so without further Ado...I introduce you to....
Who is this woman you might ask? A city girl turned ranchin' momma and wife. You can check out her About Me page for more details. She's an excellent writer and has multiple facets to her web site...photography, cooking, and home and garden. Give her a try...she'll make you smile - a better choice than getting ticked off at the liberal media!!

1 comments:
I'm a blog stalker too, Cheryl. I love http://soulemama.typepad.com/ and http://dooce.com/.
Post a Comment