Monday, June 04, 2007

Captiva takes 3rd Place on Sunday

I am proud to announce that my hubby and the 2 newest owners of Captiva - Dave and the other Dave took 3rd place in the annual Commodore Perry Sailboat Race sponsored by the North Cape Yacht Club of LaSalle on Sunday. Even though they experienced rainfall, strong winds and 6-8 ft. waves they hung in there and persevered! Tim says that a large number of boats did not finish the race including one that lost it's mast, one that lost a crew member (a 71 year old skipper was killed when the boom struck him and knocked him into the water), and the boat that rescued him. Tim (much to my dismay) enjoyed the rough weather as he says Captiva performs best under these conditions. I am very glad that Dave and the other Dave have a number of combined years under their belt in the area of sailing. I just pray, pray, pray when he's out there!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Cheryl! I am so glad Tim and his friends stayed safe! Congrats to them for finishing so well! How sad about the man that was killed - that family will be in my prayers. Any "other" news that you can share today (as in baby news?!)?!