Monday, June 04, 2007

It's a Boy!

Free Glitter Graphics


It's a boy!

As expected, my due date is off...when will they ever listen to me? The ultrasound tech pegged the date as November 12th. Which means I have 2 more weeks than they thought...ugh!!! The morning sickness seems to be slowing down a bit - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Although I was hoping for a girl, I was much more anxious about it's health, and all seems to be well. I have to go back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks so they can measure our little guy's heart and check out his upper lip. Since he's only measuring 16 weeks 6 days it wasn't quite visible yet. I am very excited to have another boy and I pray that he and Graham will be great friends to one another.

It seems as though Tim was hoping for a girl also. Have you ever heard that saying "you're payin' for your raisin'? Which also means you reap what you sow. One of Witt's favorite family stories is about Tim and his brother Jim almost buring the house down when they were little guys. I think Tim is afraid that Graham and his little brother will do the same.

I'm off to check out the adoption paperwork for China - I hear it's a 3 year wait at this time, so that will be perfect! (Now, I just have to get Tim to agree...I'd appreciate your prayers on that one). ;-)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations Cheryl! I know you were hoping for a girl, but it will be so special and cute for Graham to have a brother. They will be so close growing up! And how wonderful to think of bringing a little girl into your home from China that would have otherwise had a much different life! I'll pray for you that Tim jumps on board with the idea soon!

Jennifer Thibault said...

Hey, maybe that's why your morning sickness started later and ending later???? I am excited for you. You're right, it is always nice to have 2 sibblings of the same sex, they relate better. Where did you end up finding the sparkly clip art?

Jennifer Thibault said...

Oh forgot to mention. Good thing you guys don't smoke...less chance of them getting a hold of matches to burn down the place. Oh well, just make sure they know that being on fire for the Lord doesn't mean literally! ;)

Meggan said...

Another darling Witt boy!! Congrats! We are excited for you! Now with a little brother in the picture, maybe Graham will be distracted and John can steal Lucie back! :)

Cheryl said...

I don't know Meggan - 24/7 Graham says "Lucie, Lucie?", blows her kisses and is really attached to her. When we left yesterday Lucie yelled, "I love you Graham" from her perch on the potty!?!?