Monday, June 02, 2008

For Luke

Some of you may be familiar with Nicol Smith Soponberg (of the group Selah) and her connections to Gilead (brother Jack is the worship leader). She delivered her second child a son on March 18th of this year. His name is Luke.

Last Tuesday evening she put him to bed and then around 9:00pm, she went to check on him and found he was not breathing. Paramedics were called but they were unable to resuscitate him. His funeral is this afternoon in Georgia.

In April, her brother Todd and his wife Angie also had a new baby, Audrey, who was born prematurely with complications and and died the same day. This family has been through a lot in the past few weeks. If you want to read more you can check out Angie's blog.

Keep them in your prayers today and through the coming days.

3 comments:

Krysta said...

Cheryl...I read this post on Angie's blog last week. She is really a great writer and I love her insights.

I just got a Nikon D40 (it was my graduation gift) and I love it. My sister-in-law has the same camera and after I saw the pictures she was able to take with it, I was sold. It was on sale on Costco's website.

Ed and Jamie said...

I dont remember how I came across her website but I do read it- she is a great writer. A blog that I freguent quite a bit is http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/ you should check it out if you have time this is a awesome family and as Nathan has put it- God is not done with them yet they still have a lot going on.

Mandalynn said...

This is a blog that I have loved as well. I don't remember exactly when I found it, but that Mercy Me song is one that I found myself clinging to often throughout my own pregnancy with Claira. It just sort of hits home with me, you know? Anyway, I finally got your blog to pull up again! I had trouble with it for the longest time. It's good to *see* you again though!