Blogging....as you can see I've actually had this blog site for almost a year (refer to Tim's 20th story) but never actually posted it. I've been reading my friends blogs for quite a while and really enjoy the little glimpse into their lives that I may not see when we are chasing toddlers around. One fellow blogger didn't post anything for almost 2 weeks and I felt as though I was going through "blog withdrawal." Another friend finds the most interesting little "tests" to take and yet another simply posts pictures to keep us up to date on the growth and happenings of their family. Each individual and a joy to read.
I guess when one blogs they usually have a "theme" but I've hesitated in publishing because I never had a "theme." Upon the death of one of the mentors in my life, just 2 weeks ago, I felt the extreme urge to publish my thoughts and have my voice heard. As an undergrad Journalism major I never enjoyed the "deadline" factor and therefor missed the mark on being a "timely" journalist. Had I pursued the journalism road, I believe I would have made a much better feature writer than a news one. Nonetheless, I will publish my tribute to a great man of God...soon. I hope you will take time to read the view of someone who walked in his shadow rather than some leftist writer looking for a sensational piece. So, I say all that to say, there still is no theme...just come along for the ride and see where each entry will take us. Who knows, maybe someday there will be a theme...only time will tell.
Here it goes! For someone who hates to have her work read (not a good thing for a journalism major - can you see why I pursued something different for my master's?) here is the fulfillment of a New Year's Resolution and a step in facing my fears.
I guess when one blogs they usually have a "theme" but I've hesitated in publishing because I never had a "theme." Upon the death of one of the mentors in my life, just 2 weeks ago, I felt the extreme urge to publish my thoughts and have my voice heard. As an undergrad Journalism major I never enjoyed the "deadline" factor and therefor missed the mark on being a "timely" journalist. Had I pursued the journalism road, I believe I would have made a much better feature writer than a news one. Nonetheless, I will publish my tribute to a great man of God...soon. I hope you will take time to read the view of someone who walked in his shadow rather than some leftist writer looking for a sensational piece. So, I say all that to say, there still is no theme...just come along for the ride and see where each entry will take us. Who knows, maybe someday there will be a theme...only time will tell.
Here it goes! For someone who hates to have her work read (not a good thing for a journalism major - can you see why I pursued something different for my master's?) here is the fulfillment of a New Year's Resolution and a step in facing my fears.
1 comments:
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging...I look forward to staying current with the Witt family. :)
Post a Comment