Friday, July 07, 2006

Tim's 20th Class Reunion

It's hard to believe but the Class of '86 celebrates 20 years of memories this summer. Twenty years! We weren't even that old when we graduated. Can you believe we've celebrated 2 lifetimes?? (well, I'm speaking from his perspective, since I'm just a baby and only been out 18 years - haha!!)
It seems as though 35 classmates attended - I guess that's about normal for a class of 80+. My favorite part of the event is when everyone gets up and shares their successes and struggles over the past 5 or however many years it's been since they last attended. It's great that they all share the common bond of Christ and can rejoice in their struggles and triumphs.

After a wonderful "adults only" dinner on Friday night, the whole group and even a few more who couldn't make it on Friday night showed up for a Family Picnic on Saturday morning. That was a lot of fun to see all the "mini" versions of his classmates.
I don't know about Tim, but I had an absolute blast that weekend!

Graham got to spend some one-on-two time with his Grandma and Papa. He enjoyed them chasing him up and down the stairs at their house. Along with spoiling him just a little bit.

Well, that's about it for the first post on my new blogging site...I hope to develop a "theme" here sometime soon, but hope you'll come back and enjoy

0 comments: