Thursday, April 02, 2009

Ooops!

Should I admit this or not? Heck, why not? It was pretty funny when all was said and done and I knew my baby was safe. I'll set the stage for you...


One of my BFF's (Kim) came over one morning to help me strip some horrible wallpaper. Knowing that we'd be next to the nursery I decided to put up the pack-n-play in our bathroom so that Griff could take his usual morning nap without distraction.


I put Griff down and Kim and I began our tedious job of removing some U-G-L-Y paper (well not all of it was bad...but not all of it was good either). We went on about our business for a couple of hours. When we were finished for some reason I can't really recall at the moment I decided that my baby boy had slept long enough and I went in to get him. This is what I found...


In case you can't see ... let me point out a few things.... that shiny thing in the bottom left corner is the famous TSA 3-3-3 zip lock bag ... in it were: Q-tips, a toothbrush, hand sanitizer, deoderant, toothpaste, fingernail clippers, hair gel, Zicam, NyQuil Daytime (broke open with one missing), ... do I really need to list anymore? If you're gasping by now...well, join the crowd...I didn't quite know what to do...so I ran downstairs to get Kim and we ran back up to acess the situation...the one that really scared me was the Daytime stuff. But then Kim brought me to my senses and said, "well, if he would have swallowed that he'd be bouncing off the ceiling by now." He woke up fine and appears to have no long term scars from the experience.

Lesson Learned - make sure that Baby is far enough away from the vanity drawers to keep him safe. *sigh*

Another view of my little cherub. Oh yes, that's his hand in Daddy's Shaving Bag with the electric razor...Thankful that God and His angels watch over my babies at all times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, that took my breath away for a moment. So glad Griff's okay!

Ed and Jamie said...

BAH HAHA!! Oh my it really wouldn't be funny but the fact that he is ok means that I can share that I laughed out loud! :0) Did you read about the poopy story on my blog I am sure it will have you laughing out loud if you havent. Glad that he is ok and glad that God is always keeping watch.

Anonymous said...

Wow Cheryl that is hilarious! I would have FREAKED out too no doubt! Glad to know everything was ok! Kids just do the silliest things.